Wednesday 14 July 2010

Solar Energy


For more than ten years of my stay here in Thailand, I had been paying for a very expensive electricity bill since the beginning till now. In average, I have been paying for 4,000.00 Baht per month. When I calculated everything, for just 11-year period, the total amount I had paid so far is already more than half million Baht.

There’s no wonder why Mr. Larry Hagman, who played Texas oil tycoon J.R. Ewing in the hit 1970s shows Dallas and also starred in I Dream of Jeannie, is calling for people to embrace solar energy technology as part of a new "Shine, Baby, Shine" ad campaign for solar panel manufacturer SolarWorld.

According to the ontheredcarpet.com, “Mr. Hagman is a longtime advocate of renewable energy and owns one of the largest U.S. residential solar panel systems, which cost him $750,000 when he bought it in 2003. He says they reduced his annual power bill from $37,000 to $13.”
How I wish Thailand will also embrace this solar technology and encourage its people to take advantage of all the benefits it brings. This is the only way I see to reduce my electricity bill each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment