Saturday 31 July 2010

Somaliland (Somalia) Business Trip

This was my first trip in the African continent in 2008. This is in the Hargiesa, Somaliland - the breakaway region of Somalia.

I went there, together with our two engineers who installed the broadcast equipments, to meet our first African broadcast client in the country.

My other purpose was to close another deal for another broadcast client I had communicated with about two months before the trip.

Seeing the lack of manpower we had, I helped out our engineers in the installation as you can see in the second picture.

It was my first real experience in the technical things about the actual installation of broadcast parabolic antenna. Though I had lectured it many times during my more than 12 years in the academe, the excitement about this was still there.

I was supposed to comeback there in 2009 for our government broadcast client, but because of some urgent matters, I cancelled my scheduled trip.

The last picture shows my team and the staffs of our client. It was after 10 days when the installation was done and the trainings for the staffs were completed.

We then had our very big lunch with all the staffs of our client at the hotel where we stayed before going back to Bangkok, Thailand. It was our way of saying thank you to all of them for receiving us warmly, and for becoming our first customer in that region.

With God's blessings and protections, we're able to come back safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment